Make a Call for Nature: Oppose Cuts to the Environmental Protection Agency
The White House is calling for dramatic cuts to the government's environmental protection — and we need to speak out now to stop them. Details of the plan include:
- Slashing the Environmental Protection Agency's budget by nearly a third;
- Reducing the agency's staff by more than one fifth; and
- Eliminating at least 50 programs that protect our air, water, wildlife and wild places.
Step 1. Collect Your Thoughts
Scripted calls are given less weight by Congressional offices than those that are truly personalized. Before you pick up the phone, please take a moment to think about what you would like to say:
- Do you have any experience in your life, career, or education that especially informs your objections to the plan? For instance, are you a parent, scientist, or federal employee?
- Do you live near an area that would be particularly impacted, such as Maryland's Chesapeake Bay or the Great Lakes?